Monday, June 24, 2013

Watermelon!

Phoebe and I went out to check the garden. Looks like we have 3 watermelon seedlings that are gorgeous and now 2 more bean seedlings! Our strawberries are looking great. Some plants look better than others, but all of them have some good green leaves on them. A lot of them have some red leaves, I don't know if that is normal or what, I'll have to look that up. We have one more watermelon seedling I can see popping through and we saw a little bitty green basil seedling growing in one of the cinderblock squares.

Next year I need to mix soils better. The cow manure and compost seemed like a good idea, but it's very muddy. I think it needs to have some sort of potting mix mixed into it or something to keep it light and not packed down when it rains.

Not tomato or bell pepper seedlings yet. I'm thinking it might be a good idea if I try to grow some seedlings indoors so that we get some growing in case those ones outside don't grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment